Sunday, January 29, 2012

hiya

I'm still alive only very very very busy. Work's crazy (as always). Get paid to work 40 hours a week. But since it's too busy to take decent breaks we're working at least 45 hours a week. In my free time I have to do a course on labour law. If I pass it before my contract is due, I might get a fixed contract instead of a (half) year one.

Boyfriend and I are still looking for a place. It's getting ridiculous, we're still in the top 20. What if you move in together, get married and divorce within 10 years, how are you going to find a place? You probably won't have enough money to buy a house or private let something, but the social system is not helping either since a "simple" divorce doesn't count as urgent (you need police reports to cut the line).

Boyfriend has finally decided to look for a real job. He was working shitty hours, for a shitty pay, and shitty times. One week he'd work 20 hours but the next he'd be home for the whole week. Coming week he has to work 16 hours (if it's under 4 hours of work he'll get paid for four hours, and he has to built and take down a set on 2 days).

Apparently in the Netherlands the bride and groom can have a total of 4 best men/maids of honour. One of my best friends is getting married and he chose his brother to be his best men, that meant that she could have 3 maids of honour so she didn't have to pick. We're now trying to get the bachelorette party together. Won't make it too wild. Won't get a stripper because that's too much out of everyone's comfort zone. We thought of going to a show like the Chippendales but of course they aren't in the neighbourhood in the weeks prior to the wedding. So we're thinking of buying aprons with male torso's on it. And we'll do a cake decorating workshop and a pole dancing class. And we'll end with food. And afterwards if people still want to continue to party that's possible but won't be in the total price. We're only with a small group which makes it rather expensive if you have to pay for it all.

Not only my best friend will get married in the next few months but also one of my cousins (the first one on my dad's side). Talking about wedding stuff makes you realise a wedding is bleeping expensive. And who will you invite, who won't you invite. And if you invite B you should also invite X Y and Z, so where do you draw the line. I'd love my big fancy wedding but I only want people there who I want there not because I'm obligated to invite them. The boyfriend doesn't care about the party he only cares about the (old fashioned) idea of marriage. And that's why he one day wants to marry me. So we might just elope. Do a photo shoot in gorgeous wedding outfits and send that card, we got married, to everyone. Then I've got my beautiful dress and none of the hassle.
What's your opinion about it all?

Okay back to Labour Law.

No comments: